Thursday 19 April 2012

Ducklings, New articles and Chocolate

This about sums up the past week and a bit. We've had the wonder of 9 little ducklings wandering about our garden. I've had the excitement and anxiety of getting started with some new research projects. And I spent a jolly weekend in Birmingham with some old friends, visiting Cadbury's World and behaving like a teenager.

I've started to make the most of our new surroundings and have been for a couple of runs in the countryside. It is a great area to run in because it is flat and there are some lovely paths to explore. I even downloaded a new running app on my iphone which tracks my progress. Genius technology! I've had some great days working at home and have got into the garden every day even if I have had to wear my coat: NB waterproof jackets are the order of the day in the East Midlands at present as we've had an unbelievable and unusual amount of rain over the past few weeks...ever since they announced the hosepipe ban!

The weather has turned our minds towards this year's travels and yesterday I booked our trip to Las Vegas in October. I, as usual, am there with work; D is coming along for a jolly holiday. I am taking a day off at the end though to go to the Grand Canyon. Should be an amazing trip.

But before all that we have three weeks of tech rehearsals and final performances, essay deadlines and dissertation panic. I love performance fortnight. It is always such brilliant fun and it is wonderful to see all the amazing work the students have produced. Given the amount of screaming in the corridor today (part of the performance naturally) and the Duchamp-inspired musical instruments currently parked in my office I think we are in for some great stuff.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?