Saturday 9 June 2012

Wedding bells!

D and his buddies have headed off for a golfing tournament and I have a peaceful day at home to get on with some jobs, do some reading and watch some sport. But so far today I have spent the morning reorganising my online profile. I have been a little bit shoddy with this, using similar passwords for all my accounts and keeping far too many spam emails in my inbox. Last night this bit me firmly on the bum as some wee rogue sent an email from my account to all my contacts. No harm done but I wouldn't buy what they were trying to sell you if I were you! Anyways, security all updated and let that be a lesson to me.

A peaceful day is a very jolly prospect as the past week has been a busy one. We have finally finished the marking and everything is uploaded ready to go. As I have a sabbatical coming up this is my final marking session until this time next year!

But the most significant moment of the week was the marriage of my sister (regular Molemaison readers will know that she is affectionately known as Smelly) to her Welsh golfer boy. We had quite a party to celebrate! She looked absolutely beyond beautiful and I got to fumble my way through bridesmaid duties. I was glad that she had also chosen her best mate as her chief bridesmaid so all that getting excited about the dress/sorting out the train/holding the flowers stuff was taken care of. When you little sister gets married you know that you are getting old!

Other than that, here are the things going on chez Warden: eight new baby duckies were born in our garden, D has been tinkling with his new BBQ (now we just need some sunshine!), I tried a bit of sprinting around my regular running paths and nearly did myself in, and we watched 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' to see the Swiss mountains where we stayed a few weeks ago. Hilariously, they even used Lauterbrunnen station, the scene of D's bout of altitude sickness!

I'm off to make some tea, do some washing and enjoy a bit of sunshine which is currently peeping through the clouds.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?