Tuesday 14 May 2013

Sorry, assessment took over life back there!

So much for blogging every week! Quite frankly any post I might have written last week would have been total nonsense! It was the second week of performance fortnight, LSPA's bi-annual theatre fest. Everything went off very well, although if I smell ketchup or strawberry sauce ever again it will be too soon. There were some interesting performances from the first years who responded to the brief in really imaginative ways. Come Thursday night I was utterly exhausted and spent the next three days resting and filling in assessment front sheets. D is super busy right now so we've tried to take a bit of time out together just to watch some football or eat food.

Talking of football, hats off to Sir Alex Ferguson who retired this week. Actually I felt rather nostalgic about it all, remembering back to those joyous Saturdays at Old Trafford watching Eric Cantona run rings around the Liverpool defence. Happy days! Fergie was also present out our wedding (coincidence, you understand, he wasn't invited as such) and signed our wedding book. I think even staunch ManU-hater D was relatively impressed by that. Anyways, onwards and upwards with David Moyes. Hopefully Rooney will be out the door so I can start supporting the Reds in good conscience again.

We continue on with our Insanity fitness programme. I am enjoying it very much indeed. This week is our rest week. I did the 'rest week workout' last night and it was considerably less restful than I was hoping! It feels pretty good to be a bit fitter. It also means that I can finally do the yoga crow pose, something I have wanted to do since taking a hard core yoga class in Canada. It requires strong triceps!

The ducklings are doing very well. We have two families: one of eight who are all huge and one of five who are a little smaller. They come for breakfast and tea. D is a big softie and left the house this morning reminding me to 'take care of the ducklings'. They are increasingly demanding and knock on the conservatory door when they are hungry. Cheeky things!

This week is my transition week back into research and I'm looking forward to it. Apart from the marking, my focus from now until September is on writing and only writing. By the by, my royalties came through from the first book. Put it this way, I won't be retiring any time soon! But it has sold rather well for a fairly off-the-wall academic book. I'm really looking forward to this summer. We have a couple of holidays, a few gigs, some conferences and long days of writing and research. Just perfect!

And talking of research....I had better crack on.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?