Tuesday 16 July 2013

The sun will come out...today!

Wow, the weather is awesome in Lincolnshire. It is so wonderful to have breaks outside in the sun. The last few days have been so lovely - lots of writing (3500 words yesterday!), reading and chilling. I love the summers. They are always hard work as I try to cram lots of research projects in to them but I really appreciate being able to organise my own time.

After finishing Insanity I had two weeks of rest, just doing whatever exercise I fancied whether that was going for a run, lifting some weights or playing with Punchie (my resident punchbag in the garage). I really feel I've rested my muscles and am ready for a new fitness challenge. So yesterday I started Georges St Pierre's Rushfit, an MMA style workout schedule that uses DVDs like Insanity. It is far more about technique than Insanity which is, when it comes down to it, just about exhausting yourself in a variety of painful ways. I enjoyed the first workout and reckon I'll get better as we go on. It uses proper weights which I don't normally do. Pretty excited about it. Plus cardio is left entirely up to you so I can do whatever I feel like.

Last week I used the gym at the University of Essex as I was down there for a conference. Gym rated highly, conference slightly less highly although i did get to hear the best (no really) plenary ever from Rosi Braidotti. She was so inspiring!

I arrived back to find the Scottish side of the family who were taking their summer holidays with us. It was so great to see them; we do some proper laughing when we get together. When my in-laws left I found lots of goodies all over the house - sweeties, crisps, chocolate. It was like a jolly treasure hunt!

Anyways, after being chained to my desk almost all day, I am going to take half an hour with D who has arrived home from work early for a change. A cup of tea is already waiting for me.

Enjoy the sun y'all
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?