Friday 21 March 2014

Definition of slack...

...not posting on your blog in the whole month of March and it is already the 20th! So sorry friends.
So what has been going on chez Warden? Well, in many ways it has been a quiet month so far. March is the first month in as long as I can remember that I am actually sleeping in my own bed every night. This has been a restful feeling although I do begin to feel in need of an adventure when I stay still for too long. It means that I have been developing strong schedules, thinking about stuff and starting my annual Spring clean which is a little more ferocious than normal this year. But it has also been busy, particularly with teaching commitments and assorted administrative roles. The third years hand in their dissertations next week so everything has gone just a little crazy.

Other than that it's been a mixture of sunny days (like today - truly lovely), Focus t25 workouts (brilliant, short, tough), writing (conference papers and journal articles) and engaging in a really spectacular online course in Russian actor training (disciplining the body and the mind!). Highlight of the month so far was a terrific indie wrestling event in Nottingham. British wrestling is always eclipsed by its brasher, PG-rated, commercial American cousin. But the good folks of Southside Wrestling are really, really good. They work super hard and have some great matches. It was a really exciting day. And I got to see Grado which was a bit of a dream come true.

We've also planned our summer adventure. Every time I think about it I feel super excited: 3 countries, catching up with buddies, riding horses, watching some wrestling, visiting some amazing cities, driving through amazing landscapes. It is going to be huge!

Anyways, I still have work to do despite the fact that I was up at 5am to get my workout in and have really been working ever since. That is nearly a 12 hour day, my friends, and on a Friday too. Good job I love what I do and my little desk overlooking the garden where our rabbits are currently chasing each other.

Have a great weekend y'all
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?