Saturday 3 May 2014

Tech

This week I have been mostly learning about tech. It is 'tech week' in the department and students have been busily messing around with lighting and audio things in readiness for performance fortnight which starts on Monday. While this means my days become pretty fragmented and bitty, I do quite enjoy tech week. There's going to be some great stuff coming up... Other than tech stuff I have spent the week doing lots of little jobs: booking conferences, reading books, completing abstracts, finishing dissertation marking.

We have just finished our first BBQ of the year Chez Warden. It has been a rather beautiful day although it's pretty chilly right now. We are now preparing for a rather bigger BBQ on Monday when our dear friends come to visit from Leeds.

This week I was involved in a transatlantic communication through the power of Google docs. It was pretty amazing to be able to realtime chat over such huge distances and to see my colleague edit our collaborative document which changed immediately on my screen. This is all leading to a edited collection on pro-wrestling and performance. Initially I always thought that my pro-wrestling work would just be a fun aside for those days when modernism just didn't float my boat. But it's ended up being a major part of my research portfolio. Rather remarkable really!

Anyways, having spent the afternoon writing an article on the Kelpies, I think it is probably time to shut down the computer, do a bit of yoga and have a chilled evening.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?