Tuesday 1 July 2014

A great conference

Howdie friends!

So, last week I had the great pleasure of heading down to London and presenting at the British Association of Modernist Studies conference, 'Modernism Now!' It was such a great week of modernist scholarship - loads of lovely folks, some amazing research and a chance to sneak into the British library to do a bit of reading. This conference was all about updating historical scholarship and asking what it has to say to us today. This is one of my central enquiries right now so it was exciting to be at a conference that had this as the focus.

Apart from that, we've had a certain someone's birthday (he is pretty old but won't, unfortunately, ever be as old as me) and I did the 10K Race for Life at Clumber Park. Given that I am still getting back to fitness after my April illness, I was pretty chuffed that I completed it in a respectable (if not particularly speedy) time. It was a really nice place to run anyways.

The end of term came and went. Marks were signed off and all went well. It is lovely to now be deep into research time. I am spending long days reading, writing and thinking. This is one of my favourite months of the year. It is made all the better by the sunny weather, the little family of ducks who are still hanging around, the baby rabbits and (this morning) a bright green woodpecker sunning itself in the garden.

This week I have a few meetings and things, some writing to do and the great joy of the in-laws arriving at the weekend. Hoping for sunshine so we can BBQ.

Hope everyone is doing really well.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?