Friday 15 April 2011

End of term at Eden Hall

So, yesterday the parents came to visit and Mum and I went to Eden Hall Spa. I have never been to a spa before, though I've always quite fancied the idea. A few months ago I received a 'phone call from HR reminding me of a competition I had entered before Christmas. I had won the prize! Two vouchers for Eden Hall. So I decided that Mum deserved a special day and what a day we had! It began with a lovely fruit breakfast. Then I did a quick gym session and we hit the aqua detox rooms, a collection of gorgeous water-themed chill out spaces, including a steam room that smelt of rose turkish delight and a salt room that left our skin feeling all soft. We then found the slumber room, a darkened room with huge sofa bean bags, fish tanks and cosy rugs...and promptly feel asleep. The boys laughed at us for this one! After a delicious lunch we went back to our aqua rooms, pool and hot tubs before embarking on a Tai Chi class. I really loved this class. It was a cross between Bodycombat and yoga, two things I like very much indeed! We arrived back feeling very rested and both of us slept for eight hours straight. Sweet! We will definitely do it again.

Today was the last day before the Easter holidays and, after yesterday's chill out, I had to re-energise myself for tutorials and research. I sent off a couple more projects to various folks and am now waiting on five different responses. Hopefully there'll be some new publications coming up soon! Today was also the last chance to visit our favourite cafe, Cafe Portico, before it closes forever next week. We are so sad to see these guys go. I don't know where I'll work now!

We are now officially on holiday - hoorah! - and are looking forward to some happy days in Norfolk next week. Don't expect any posting until next weekend, though you never know with the power of technology! Enjoy the week folks.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?