Saturday 30 April 2011

Sunny Edinburgh

So, here I sit in Edinburgh doing a little work after a great meal with friends at The Plumed Horse. All too yummy! It's been a funny type of week really - a couple of days back at work, a trip to Edinburgh, a day at the library, a couple of meetings, a faff with our Chinese visas, a visit to Glasgow...oh and a Royal Wedding, of course. Despite the impenetrable sermon we (that does not include D I hasten to add) enjoyed Kate's dress and the balcony kiss. I have no interest in royals or weddings really, but they looked like a happy couple and I hope they enjoy married life. Our highlight of yesterday was traveling through to Glasgow and seeing our good friends, Matthew and Daisy and their gorgeous son, wee Matthew. It was brilliant to see them all.

And, of course, this week saw the return of the first draft of the Book. Despite the abundance of red pen notes, all seems very positive and I'm really looking forward to getting back into it. There is probably another two months of real hard work to be done on it, so the end is in sight. I've really enjoyed this Easter break and have finally stopped dreaming about work. Assessment week coming up so don't expect anything coherent until next weekend. I always enjoy assessment week, but it all looks a little hectic this time. A nice, straight-forward, happy week would suit me just fine. I'll let you know how The Adding Machine goes on Wednesday morning.

Anyways, I'm going to do a little work before D arrives back. I'm watching Sky Sports news at the same time and following the football scores. It's all getting close to the end of the season now and it's a little tense at the bottom of every league. Go mighty Imps!

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?