Monday 23 July 2012

Still in perpetual motion

Wow, and so the travels continue apace. This week we've been up to Edinburgh so I could assess an MPhil, attend some meetings and read some jolly books. And then it was straight to Manchester as D is now officially working for the Olympics for a few weeks and I am enjoying the archival delights of John Rylands library. So for the next month we are diving our time between Manchester and Lincoln. We are going to get used to the Woodhead Pass!

In between all the travels we have enjoyed a bit of sunshine, met up with some folks and watched The Dark Knight Rises. D loved this film and I enjoyed most of it. It was certainly thoughtful and interesting. For me it touched a little on the dreaded emergency/disaster film genre. Unusually though, it had a number of surprising story turns which I didn't see coming AT ALL. This is always great in a film.

And tonight Dad is lighting up the BBQ to celebrate a super sunny evening. I am trying to brace myself for three weeks of Team GB patriotism. I LOVE the Olympics and LOVE the sport but am a little less convinced by the 'woo woo Team GB are best ever ever' obsession. As far as my own sporting prowess goes, I was back to running this morning after a week with a slightly dodgy knee (my own fault - I ran too far!). It felt good to get back to it.

Here's to a summer of sunshine and sport.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?