Wednesday 1 August 2012

Olympic obsession

Afternoon one and all,
Isn't it funny that when the Olympics come round you watch twenty times more telly than normal. The world's greatest sporting event actually compels you to be less active! D is still working for the Olympic family and I am still working my way through archival jolliness, so we are still between Manchester and Lincoln for the next week or so.

The archive has been amazing thanks to the good people of John Rylands (Manchester) and the wonderfully readable writing of Basil Dean who is fast taking over from Ewan MacColl in my affections. I am currently writing two papers on him and I love his work more and more. I am currently finishing a couple of old projects before starting on the next challenge. I remembered how much I loved my work this week!

But the most exciting moment of yesterday was getting snapped by the paparazzi in Wagamamas where Dad and I had gone to enjoy a bite of lunch. Unfortunately it was in the Daily Mail but even so. Here is the link. We are in the corner behind the guy in the blue anorak. As usual I had no idea who the 'famous' people were.

The next few days there will be more Olympics, the starting of a new article and a visit from our lovely Edinburgh friends. Life is a great deal of fun right now.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?