Wednesday 19 December 2012

Happy Christmas!

Yes, I know, I'm early. I am just a little concerned that the festivities of Christmas will take over without me saying a blog-based 'Happy Christmas'. I am trying to get all my projects finished before the holidays but I fear it is a little ambitious. Suddenly I have four separate projects with deadlines before the 1 March and one for this time next year. This is on top of all those things that are still to be decided. Phew! Crazy days. I love my work at present though. This morning I worked on a really interesting wee article on a little-known Second World War pageant. Totally fascinating!

To make up for our lack of gigs this week (I have just about got over the disappointment) I am taking my Mum to see My Fair Lady at the Crucible tomorrow. I can't wait! I have taken a full day of annual leave (I know!) so will take Les Miserables with me and see if I can't bash through it. The film release is coming quickly and my Kindle tells me I am only 69% through! Then Christmas festivities begin to take over entirely. There is a pile of unwrapped (soon to be wrapped) presents in our lounge and homemade chilli jam in the fridge for my sister (shush!). I must say the weather doesn't feel very festive. A week ago the frost was thick on the ground and absolutely beautiful. Now it is just a little damp and gloomy. At least our Christmas travels will hopefully be straightforward this year - driving minus snow is always nice! As I look round the house I am aware of all the things that need doing. Ho hum!

But today editing takes priority and the ironing can just sit where it is! In a couple of hours I'll head to the garage for some boxing practice. I love my new punchbag! It is making up for two whole weeks without Tommy, my sweet horsie.

So, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and knows the richest of blessings at this special time of year.


Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?