Sunday 7 February 2010

The start of a new week

So two days and two new posts - goodness this is becoming a habit! Currently ready for bed and listening to the Super Bowl on the radio. Now I know very little about American sports (I enjoyed a Brooklyn Cyclones baseball game once and became a bit of a fan overnight) and American football is a particular mystery to me. If someone can explain the rules to me I'd be delighted. Perhaps it will all become clear as I listen...perhaps not. Ooo the national anthem has just started...

I'll carry on reading the Charlotte Bronte biography as I listen for half an hour or so. Still enjoying this wonderful wee book and I can dip into it when I feel in the mood. Enjoyed a morning at our new church, LEC. The Pastor gave a wonderful sermon on the importance of love in the church. It was very thought-provoking and we even sang 'Here is Love Vast as the Ocean' to cement the point which is one of my favourite hymns.

So, D has gone back to Edinburgh again and I am left with Boris Bear and D the pot-bellied bear for company. Both are very faithful companions but aren't quite as chatty as D! It will be two weeks until we see each other again so it is a good job we don't celebrate things like Valentine's Day. We are, as always, taking courage in these circumstances though, also as always, we have no complaints. We are so tremendously blessed!

Tomorrow night our first Tesco delivery is coming. I'm more excited than I should be about this occasion. Oh, the Super Bowl has started and I can't even understand the words let alone make head nor tail of the rules. What, pray tell, is a quarterback?

CSW

1 comment:

  1. Dear, don't know if you'll see this. But a quarterback is the chief football player who starts the plays and throws the ball to the receivers, who run with the ball. :) Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Want to say hello?