Thursday 13 May 2010

Essays and Research

So finally term has come to an end and a summer of research stretches out in front of me. But before then it's marking time! All the fun of the fair! So I spent today holed up in my newly organised home office with pen in hand, Peter Gabriel on and tea in easy reach. Since we moved into this flat the office has been little more than a dumping ground but, after spending a good four hours sorting out those boxes, it is now a study haven. I am very grateful to have my own purpose-built office. I have a long list of projects to be completed over the next few months. In fact the latest publication (which unfortunately you won't be able to buy down your local newsagents) is coming out in the next couple of weeks.

And what of the British political scene? Well a Con-Lib collaboration has gone down pretty well chez Warden though I'm still not going to divulge my voting preferences. David Willetts, affectionately known as 'Two Brains' has taken over jurisdiction of universities...this makes a pleasant change from an unelected spin doctor. So, overall, we are contented and will see how it goes. Nearly bought an 'I agree with Nick and Dave' mug today. Genius!

We finished the second series of Ashes to Ashes this evening too in readiness for the final two episodes of series three. Terrific stuff! I am really glad I discovered this series. That, coupled with the joys of my new Shawn Michaels DVD (I know, I know...I have no excuses!) has meant some really good watching over the past few days. And, since I have now put on my research head again, it is back to soundtracks. D downloaded (legally I might add) the music for the computer game, Modern Warfare 2. Now I know nothing about computer games at all, but Hans Zimmer wrote the soundtrack and that is not to be sniffed at. It is great background music.

Am off to London to visit my friend Bec this weekend. She is getting married soon but we are sadly away on holiday (boo, hiss etc etc) so I'm going to catch up with her on Saturday. It'll even give me a chance to visit the wonderful British Museum. Sweet!

CSW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?