Wednesday 19 May 2010

Where have I been?

Yes, it has been nearly a week since my last post and I've been busy running about ever since. First it was a lovely trip to London to visit Bec. I spent an hour or so in the British Museum. I always find this place incredibly overwhelming and generally just wander about like a little girl looking for her mum! We then had a fabulous Mexican lunch. It was great to see her and to wish her well with her upcoming wedding.

Then yesterday I caught a train through to Edinburgh and have spent a happy couple of days in the National Library. The funny thing is that the more you read the less you know. I wonder if Terry Eagleton still feels like that! Then tonight I visited my friends at Rudsambee. I have really missed my friends from choir and it was mega to see them again. It was AGM night so there wasn't a lot of singing but it was nice to hear the news. Actually it felt that I hadn't been away.

So tomorrow is another library day and then D is arriving from Lincoln in the evening. And then on Friday it is off to Glasgow to see Mark Knopfler in concert. We have been looking forward to this gig for a long while. It is going to be mega (this is a word I have been using more regularly of recent times - I have no idea why). We are staying over with our dear friends Matt and Daisy and their wee son Matthew. We haven't seen them for a really long time so are looking forward to a good catch up. We're not heading back to Lincoln until Monday so hopefully we'll have chance to see everyone.

This week I have been mostly reading...Bret Hart's Autobiography. This is a continuation of my continued interest in wrestling. It is a really fascinating book. The Harts are the first family of Pro wrestling and they are a right strange bunch. But Bret's book is very nicely written and describes some of the most tragic moments in recent wrestling history as well as some of the best matches. My love for Shawn Michaels was sorely tested by Bret Hart's descriptions of a spoilt, petulant drugged out wrestler. Am very glad that the Heartbreak Kid got himself sorted out. I have his autobiography saved for our holiday to the Scillies in a couple of weeks.

Anyways, I'm off to Skype D (just like old times) and have a snooze. Had an amazing night's sleep last night and a hoping for the same tonight.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?