Tuesday 4 May 2010

The day of performance

Evening one and all,

Well so much news and so little post space...This weekend we spent a happy couple of days in Edinburgh with the inlaws. D's mate Stuart was getting married. It was such a wonderful wedding and the couple looked very happy indeed. It was great to see the good folks at Carrubbers even though the Edinburgh run prevented D from finding a parking space.

So it was back to Lincoln with my mind full of Uranium 235. I slept surprisingly well last night and awoke thinking about medieval costumes! What a geek! We all arrived at uni at 9 and did a bit of tech work. The performance started at 11 and I was so impressed by the students' professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment. They did a tremendous job and I was suitably proud :-)

I have to say that since then I've just felt a bit wiped out! There is now too much space in my brain! So, after catching up on the emails that had mounted up I went for a bit of a walk in the sunshine and found a wonderful new park. It is only just down the road but we never have any cause to go that way so until now it hasn't really hit my radar. It is called Lindum arboretum and it is just lovely. There is a pond and swans and a cast iron folly and fountains and squirrels and everything. It was just wonderful to sit in the sun and not think about red and black accessories.

I have even done the ironing tonight which means that D has some shirts tomorrow. Carried on with the first series of Ashes to Ashes which I'm watching (rather confusingly) in conjunction with series three which is currently on BBC 1 on Fridays. It is always jolly to watch something interesting while ironing. And it is countdown to the election chez Warden. It is all getting rather exciting and I still haven't made my mind up.

Enjoy exercising your democratic rights in you live on this side of the Pond.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?