Thursday 29 April 2010

"The Rhythm of Life"

So I've finally got round to writing a post about my trip home on Tuesday. Thanks to the punctuality of East Midlands trains I got to Stockport just before 1. Dad and I took a wee trip to the Governor's House for a couple of delish burgers and a chat. Great to see Mum and Dad, albeit briefly! And then, of course, there was Dad's return to the stage. Call me biased if you want, but he stole the show for me. 'The Rhythm of Life' was a really nicely set up scene and Dad's flares and kaftan got an outing again. I am surprisingly well-rounded considering some of the outfits I have seen my father in over the years. I was very proud of him.

So, after an early-ish train back to Lincoln, it was on to our technical rehearsal. I was delighted with the students. It all went rather well considering it was the first time under lights and with explosions. There are still a couple of shaky moments but it is now 95% great. Halfway through I realised what a weird play Uranium 235 is. We'll see what the rest of the faculty think.

Spent the train journey listening to Asia's new album, Omega, as mentioned in my last post. It is really terrific. 'Holy War' is a nicely crafted song and I really like 'Through my Veins' and 'End of the World'. My favourite is probably the slightly folkie, acoustic 'There was a Time'. In fact there isn't a bad song on the album, although John's ballads seem to be even more cheesy/sweet than usual. Hopefully they'll tour in Britain soon as our friends across the pond are enjoying them currently.

Anyways, I'm off to make some omelets for tea. It is very warm in Lincoln and extraordinarily muggy. The rain started about two hours ago and, I must say, it was a bit of a relief. On to the next leaders' debate tonight, of course. After Gordon's faux pas of yesterday (poor old Gordon!) it could be an interesting watch.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?