Friday 23 April 2010

The play: a week and a half to go!

So today was the final day of official teaching and I said goodbye to my lovely third years. I can now turn my full attention to the first years and our production of Uranium 235. Today we performed the whole play from start to finish without scripts! I'd say that we were 85% brilliant and I was incredibly proud of the students and all their hard work. I was talking with one of the leads this afternoon and we were sharing our happy surprise that there have been no major incidents or fall outs. Must be some sort of record! We are now gathering props and costumes. I think they are even painting sheep (painting pictures of sheep...not painting actual sheep, of course)!

A happy quiet weekend ahead I think. I have a pile of ironing, floors to brush, a kitchen to scrub and, if the weather is as jolly as it was today, a balcony to sit on. I have so much reading matter on the go at the moment - it must be time to go on holiday and have a happy week of Isles of Scilly sunshine with a pile of books. Fortunately that is coming up in June. I booked the helicopter last week while D checked out the safety record. I spent many childhood holidays in the Scillies and am delighted to be able to show D around this year. Mum, Dad, Sal and Stu are coming too so it will be a real family affair.

A cup of tea and a bag of Cadbury's chocolate eclairs beckon. And the next in the series of Ashes to Ashes which has become a bit of a fixture chez Warden. D even bought me the first series on DVD so I can catch up on what I've missed.

Have a magnificent weekend
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?