Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter!

Evening/Morning all,
Currently enjoying a lovely relaxing weekend chez Warden senior, Auld Reekie. Great to catch up with Mike, Em and the children this morning. I even got blinks from Rosie which made my day. It's been a nice quiet day reading and watching a bit of sport. Currently working my way through a fab book called They Were Pilgrims by Marcus L. Loane. It looks at four good missionary men - David Brainerd, Henry Martyn, Robert Murray M'Cheyne and Ian Keith Falconer. The lives of these gentlemen are really challenging. My current favourite quote is from Martyn who was a very intelligent scholar at Cambridge. After becoming Senior Wrangler Martyn said, 'I obtained my highest wishes but was surprised to find that I had grasped a shadow'. How true this is! When we achieve our greatest goals we tend to feel a little flat. Funny ol' humans!

Anyways, I'm off to bed in a mo. Lots of dreams about work (was wandering about at 3.30 am!) so I'm hoping for a dreamless, peaceful sleep. Happy Easter to one and all. He is risen...and that's exciting.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?