Monday 21 February 2011

Tutorial Week

Evening folks,
We returned from a happy weekend in Cardiff last night. It was great to see Smelly and Stu, and to wander round the Welsh capital. It is a great city! I particularly liked the Assembly building with its big windows and intimate debating chamber. Like at the Scottish Parliament, you have to put your belongings through the airport-style scanner. As we look like regular cymraeg lovers, we all got through just fine...except for Smelly who was, apparently, carrying an unidentifiable object in her bag. Smelly is never parted from her large, Miss Prism-esque handbag and the guard searched through it a little gingerly with the end of a pencil. Very funny! We even saw a couple taking a rabbit for a walk on a pink lead. Cardiff is great! On Sunday it was off to Barry Island. Those of you who are fans of Gavin and Stacey should know that we bought ice-cream from Stacey's cafe and a cone (yes, cone!) of chips from the chippie next to Nessa's amusements. I know nothing about this show really, but it seems to have reinvigorated the funny old seaside town that is Barry Island.

Today it was back to the dreaded Greenwood paper and back to the lovely students who wanted to discuss writing style and essay plans. Then it was off to get soundly beaten at squash. This is the first time I've done any exercise since my cold and I felt a little under par. I think it'll be EA sports active tomorrow.

This is tutorial week so I'm meeting up with loads of students, working on the Book and preparing the script for my Creation and Realisation class. All fun. And on Wednesday it's off to Sheffield to watch David Hare's Plenty. We are off on a departmental school trip. What larks! I'll post a review later in the week. And this week the Wardens explored ebay as sellers not buyers, earning all of £16 from a couple of items we didn't need. It was all quite exciting as the bids came in. I'll spend every penny on my train to Sheffield. Ah, capitalism at work!

Anyways, I'm off to clean the house a little (our letting agency are coming for their customary visit tomorrow) and make a cup of tea. Oh, and check the results of the Elimination Chamber (WWE). Enjoy the week one and all.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?