Monday 9 May 2011

Alba gu bràth

So, one noticeable thing I missed out of my last post was the election. In England it was boring, dull and predictable. But it was the Scottish election that kept the Warden household up. A virtually speechless D came to bed at about 3 in the morning. I sleepily asked what had happened and he replied (in a mystified voice) that the SNP had swept to victory and Labour had been well and truly smashed to bits. This went down rather well chez Warden. Salmond is a decent bloke and a canny politician, and his second in command, Nicola Sturgeon, used to be my boss and once very sweetly asked if I would mind passing the milk. Anyone who asks so politely surely has to be a good egg. Anyways, there was much happiness here and it is rare that politics leaves you with a warm glow.

The other thing I haven't mentioned properly yet is our latest TV series. We are currently enjoying HBO's Game of Thrones. Be warned, it is not for the faint-hearted, but there are a number of things to enjoy: 1) Sean Bean plays the lead. We love Sean. I need say no more. 2) there is a person of restricted growth (is that the right term?) playing a proper role. Generally disability is treated very poorly on TV and parts are few and far between. It is so refreshing to see an amazing actor in a brilliant role. Tyrion Lannister is fast becoming my favourite character. 3) it has a great soundtrack. 4) it is an incredibly exciting storyline populated by so many good characters. In typical HBO style it is a TV show that looks like a Dickens' novel.

I'm off for a snooze.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?