Monday 19 July 2010

Sunday Review

Evening friends,
Well Friday and Saturday were lovely, quiet days of reading, lazy breakfasts and Life on Mars. Sunday, by contrast (and ironically given that it is supposed to be a day of rest!) was very busy...church, then church lunch (I had cooked 55 sausages in my wee kitchen in preparation for this - I can still smell them and I NEVER want to see a sausage again...ever), then off to an old folks' home for a wee service, then back to an friendly couple's house for some tea (lovely English tradition), then back to church, then home and snooze. Phew! I took my guitar to the home and played a couple of songs. It was my first 'performance' since leaving Rudsambee. I always get nervous, even in front of a collection of elderly people with contrasting levels of cognition. However, it was fine.

Today was a happy day of writing. I am trying to get this paper finished and crack on with the book. Both are going relatively well really. Fancied a change of scenery this afternoon so went for a wee walk in the sun (another summer day in Lincoln) and stopped at a new cafe, The Way of Tea. It is below the tea shop on the Bailgate and is a lovely, cool cavernous room with an amazing selection of teas. I just asked for a recommendation for a hot afternoon and a lovely lady brought me a light green tea (leaf, naturally), Wen Shan Baozhong (of all things) in a tea pot. She also brought me a wee timer so I could brew it for four minutes exactly. It was the most refreshing cup of green tea I've ever drunk and I had a very happy hour and a half with my laptop. Definitely a new favourite. I'll work my way through the menu.

A peaceful night ahead. I've got a few jobs to do around the house before all our visitors arrive over the next couple of days. Oh, and it's University Challenge tonight, of course, so D and I will be avidly watching at 8pm. I'm going to put a wash on and get the falafel in the oven for tea. Man, I sound terribly middle class! I am even wearing a pashmina as I write this. Hmmm...

Have a great week one and all.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?