Saturday 3 July 2010

A sunny Saturday

I write this while looking out of our lounge window. It is Waddington Air Show today and some mad folks are zooming through the sky doing flips and stuff (I hasten to add that they are in aeroplanes). Insane! It is still warm here and our balcony door remains open almost continuously.

Well, it's been a good week of exam boards (finally all the marks have been decided) and preparation for next week's big conference. The paper is now written (just about) and I'm pretty content with it. The material has been on my computer for about three years so at least I've had plenty of time to mull over the themes! This week I've also booked tickets to go to Seattle in November. I'm finally going trans-Atlantic in the autumn and participating in a working group at a conference. D is coming along to hold my hand on the plane and enjoy happy days watching American football. Academically things seem to be going rather well at present and I am thankful after a few years of part-time work and wondering where things were going.

Anyways, we are looking forward to dinner at Doddington Hall tonight (our favourite!), and to church and lunch with our Pastor and family tomorrow. Am now going to make some lunch and look forward to an afternoon of reading Between the Acts by Virginia Woolf (I am loving Woolf again right now - good job given that I spent yesterday going through all six volumes of her letters! Phew!), sorting clean washing, watching Wimbledon and the World Cup semi-final and having a chilled out bath. What a life!

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?