Sunday 24 January 2010

Football, Sherlock and a joyous weekend

When D and I started this separation business (enforced not voluntary you understand) a number of folks said that we would find the whole thing refreshing. A lot of nonsense I said, and it was wholly confirmed by a very jolly weekend in our wee flat in Lincoln.

We began with a lovely breakfast at our current favourite haunt Cafe Zoot and then off to Sincil Bank to watch the mighty Lincoln City play former Premiership glory boys, Bradford City. I exceeded our expectations with an exciting 2-1 win. D was particularly chuffed to catch the ball. Lots of good crowd banter as well and two things struck me: 1) there are a lot of football songs about benefits and unemployment at present. Timely (and often quite funny) joshing! 2) I've never seen so few women at a game. No queues in the loos and being the only woman meant that Poacher gave me a thumbs up. Brillig!

Then it was off to the cinema to watch 'Sherlock Holmes'. Actually it was my choice of film (which is unusual, not because D is dictatorial in our film watching but because I can never make decisions) and we weren't quite sure what to expect. But it was really brilliant and Robert Downey Jnr is not only completely captivating but also quite lovely. I have noticed that in each of the former posts I have included pictures of my favourite gentlemen. Let's carry on the trend...


We had a great dinner at Nandos afterwards. We visited a new church this morning and then D left at 5.35 this evening. I must admit to shedding a quick tear and then I watched the rest of 'North and South'.

And so it is on to a new week. This is my first week of teaching and I'm really looking forward to meeting the students and getting stuck in. Hope you are all doing very well folks.
CSW

2 comments:

  1. And where is the picture of D?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would be very cross if I posted a picture of him! Hope you're doing well, love. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Want to say hello?