Monday 11 January 2010

New ruler and blazer

Today is my first day at my new job. Thanks for thinking of me, friends. It is going well and I am slowly getting to know people and finding my way round the building. My little desk corner overlooks the cathedral which is rather lovely.

We spent the weekend with D's family in Newcastle for his Dad's surprise birthday shindig. Muchos fun had by all and we even made it through the snow in one piece! Classic highlight of our trip up - we stopped at McDonald's (just too late for breakfast - boo!) and on the way out D borrowed a wooden coffee stirrer to clear the snow from in front of the windscreen as it was blocking the washer. Very funny image of D scrapping the snow with such a pathetic implement. The whole scene was made all the more humorous by another gentleman doing exactly the same thing. Would you not have thought that in these modern days we would have found a better tool than that!?

Currently D is living in Edinburgh dreaming about cars (see his blog post from last night) and I am rattling around the flat in Lincoln. Separation is a bit sad but we are taking courage (as my great granny would have said).

Oh and just to fill you in on the darts (just in case you haven't been keeping up) the Silverback went out in the semi-finals which was very disappointing.

More posts when I have t'internet at home.

Hugs to all and sundry

CSW

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you sounding so upbeat!! We have one more day in USA! We've had a fabulous trip and are excited to be heading back to Leeds 23-25 January!

    ReplyDelete

Want to say hello?