Friday 21 January 2011

Enthusiastic about Twitter

How do you like the new blog look? D has done another reworking job. It looks like the kind of place I wouldn't mind spending a jolly holiday in the sunshine, so it seems a good background to choose as we approach warmer climes (I hope!).

We have just arrived back from a jolly jazz event at the University. Every Friday night the Lincoln School of Performing Arts is hosting local jazz musicians as part of its Commuter Jazz series. What a great idea - a couple of hours of jazz on your way home before heading into the weekend! It concluded a busy working week full of third year performances, careers week and teaching prep. Looking forward to getting back to teaching next week.

So, what has been going on chez Warden? Well, D has been working his way through the Curb Your Enthusiasm box sets. D loves Larry David! I love bits of this show. I find comedy a difficult genre! The more Curb  D watches, the more he turns into Larry. It is a slightly disturbing transformation. While D enjoys the wonders of HBO, I have been rereading Elmer Rice's The Adding Machine. Like last year, I am again teaching a performance module cryptically entitled Creation and Realisation (eh?). In 2010 we did a version of Ewan MacColl's mad, nuclear physics play, Uranium 235. So this year I'm after something equally interesting. The Adding Machine is a possibility, as is Capek's R.U.R. (though I think this is too difficult) and Auden and Isherwood's The Dog Beneath the Skin (surely too poetic for a short first year piece). Hmm...this will occupy my thoughts for the next few weeks. We start the module in March so I've got a bit of time yet. All suggestions gratefully received.

D has also enjoyed his time on Twitter this week. He has just joined and is keeping up with all sorts of people. I've never been on Twitter before and am amazed and confused in equal measure! There is just too much going on - everything moves all the time! And everyone is having inane conversations that you can listen in to. I'm not on Facebook (no point in looking for me there) but Twitter does seem a little bit more interesting.

And tomorrow we are off on a Warden outing. We have booked lunch at Chequers, just outside Grantham and I think we'll take a trip out to Stamford and Oakham before that. A lovely day in prospect!
Tonight it is washing (clothes not myself!), a bit of tidying and a bit of work on my Walter Greenwood paper. This article is coming on quite well, though it needs a bit of tweaking yet.

I'm off for a cup of tea...scrap that...a cup of tea arrived of its own accord attached to the arm of D. Huzzah!

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?