Sunday 9 January 2011

I'm the King of the Swingers

Evening folks,
Having just finished my workout for the night (EA Sport Active on the PS3 - seriously tough!) I thought I'd sit back and write a wee post. Apologies for the lack of news over the past few days. So, I just about finished the 3rd year marking on Friday - a jolly mixed bag. It has been a quiet weekend chez Warden. On Friday night I made popcorn (Amish Rainbow popcorn actually, bought at a wee market in snowy Washington State) and watched The Jungle Book. I have never seen this film so it was a bit of a treat. It is so psychedelic! You could have guessed in was produced in 1967 - a year of free love and too much hash! On top of this, we've done a couple of workouts, watched a lot of darts (Wolfie was victorious in the end), caught up with the ironing and completely reorganised and cleaned my bathroom. The latter is part of my new year tidy up. I'm giving myself a few jobs each week.

This week, however, I'm not going to get a lot of house sorting done as I am off to London for a research trip. I'm leaving a large, fierce Scotsman at home so I shouldn't bother to rob us! I'm visiting a nice wee archive at the V&A. I'm even catching a play while I'm there -  The Country Girl by Clifford Odets. I might even get to Bodeans if I'm feeling particularly adventurous. Looking forward to reading some plays and finding some good photos for the book. Exciting times.

It was great to get back to our church this morning. I awoke to find a lovely Spring day. The sun was shining and it felt as if the Winter was slowly waving goodbye. We saw all our friends and heard some great preaching, as always. I love this time of year, especially after such a hard Winter (weather-wise, that is). So, I think I'll watch the football highlights and then head to bed in preparation for a long day marking tomorrow. You might not get another post until I return from the Capital so enjoy the week in my absence.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?