Sunday 13 March 2011

60th Birthday celebrations

We're just back from sunny Stockport where we've been celebrating Dad's 60th birthday. All very jolly fun! A lovely late night party, a happy walk in the park, some yummy food and a cake with an icing picture of Dad on the top!

Apologies for the lack of posts last week. I was in the writing zone and finally got the Book first draft finished on Friday morning. 74,799 words of brilliance (!?) now sent off to my wonderful reader in Edinburgh. It feels really very good to get it off the laptop and on to paper. And now I can start doing some proper teaching prep! Creation and Realisation play is cut and rehearsal schedule written. Two thirds the way through rereading Dr Faustus - again! Oh, and I have a pile of marking that, were it not in electronic form, could safely form the foundations of a substantial family house. Hmm...a busy week in store methinks! On top of that I have the great privilege of playing the Woman of Samaria tomorrow for a group of school children. All fun!

Research will begin again in earnest when I get up to date with everything else. I'm writing this while half watching the Liam Neeson film Taken on the telly. It's a great film - very interesting and challenging (be warned, it's not for the faint hearted) - but extremely tense and probably not the best thing to watch when you have a slight headache and are preparing for bed. "I will hunt you down, I will find you and I will kill you". If you have seen the glorious Coogan and Brydon vehicle, The Trip recently then that line will make you giggle...which is probably not quite the desired effect of Neeson's original! Anyways, a cuppa and a snooze in preparation for the general joyous busyness of tomorrow.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?