Wednesday 16 March 2011

And the rehearsals begin...

The past two days have been intense! Two three hour Creation and Realisation rehearsals focusing on my cut down version of Elmer Rice's The Adding Machine. And I am glad to say that they were just brilliant. The students were committed, enthusiastic and full of good humour. We got a good amount of work done and we left feeling very excited. I am so pleased and proud of those guys and can't wait to create a new performance with them. Tomorrow is a day of first year marking. Third year essays are done now. Research has been largely abandoned for this week, though I do have a couple of book reviews to complete tomorrow.

We've got a quiet weekend in store. The farmers' market is on so I'll go and buy some veggies and some ostrich burgers. I've got some banana muffins to bake, some books to read and some classes to prepare.

Anyways, after getting soundly beaten at squash (though each game was relatively close) and some lovely mince and potatoes to warm me up on this cold, foggy night, D is now making tea and we are about to watch the first episode of a new box set: Yes Minister. Classic British comedy. Can't wait. Given the general busyness of today, tonight is a no-work zone. Lovely.

CSW

p.s. Big birthday hugs to my Daddy, 60 years young today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?