Wednesday 24 March 2010

A late night post...

...just to show you that academics work jolly hard ;-)
Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm currently bashing through the last bit of teaching before the Easter break. It's Harold Pinter all the way tomorrow. Despite my protestations that I wouldn't start another Rankin book before Easter I ended up finishing (yes, I know...I'm just hopeless) Resurrection Men yesterday, my second Rebus book. Enjoyed it much more that the first. I thought it was cleverly constructed and gave a real sense of Rebus' character. I'm determined not to start another one until next week.

We also finished the third series of The Wire this evening. Another great look at Baltimore life. For the first time after a series I was actually very sad to see the characters go. The untimely demise of the wonderful (see below) Stringer Bell (he was a gangster, I'm sure I'm not meant to feel like that -a case of The Wire messing with your prejudices and presumptions again!) was particularly effecting. I may write a bit more on this when it isn't 23.56 on a Wednesday night!


All being well we'll be in Edinburgh the following weekend for a jolly Easter with the in-laws. Hopefully we'll see Carrubbers folks and the fam then.
Anyways, I'm off to bed...
Sleep well one and all.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?