Saturday 20 March 2010

A win at last!

Our latest squash tournament continues and last night I actually won two whole games. Granted D won three, but I was delighted by my performance. Really enjoying our new hobby. It also helped me to let off some steam after a very busy day of teaching and marking. Work is all go at present. Lots of fun though! Easter holidays are on the way and we'll have two weeks to catch our breath. I'm hoping to plan the rest of the term during that two weeks...oh, and write the introductory chapter of 'The Book'.

So today has been more marking and last minute preparation for my first lecture on Monday. But we also made time to nip out to the farmer's market at Castle Square. There were lots of interesting stalls and we shared a couple of burgers (ostrich and venison, don't you know!) for our lunch. I'm a big fan of buying locally where you can, and I've enjoyed using our local shops since we moved down to Lincoln. Bought some delicious sausages (which we ate in our Saturday night picnic this evening), some wonderful smoked salmon, hummus, cheese, bread and veggies. In fact, I think we are going to start getting our veggies delivered. I had a box delivered in Edinburgh for a while. It was great fun as you were never quite sure what you were going to get. If you have a spare kohlrabi hanging about, I have a list of recipes to use it up!

No football today as the Imps were playing down in Torquay. They hung on for another win though so things are looking up. Oh, and last night I finished Black and Blue. Although crime fiction doesn't generally rock my boat, I did enjoy this Ian Rankin book. It was certainly a gripping end and I'm considering picking another off the shelf at some stage, probably over Easter. I've also been enjoying a range of new soundtracks bought by D; Alexander is the latest purchase. Nice! I generally intersperse the soundtracks with a couple of my favourite rock tracks. I enjoyed a bit more Peter Gabriel today. We also watched some brilliant footage of Mark Knopfler at Live Aid 1985 this morning. Classic Knopfler complete with headband. We are seeing him in concert in a couple of months back up in Glasgow. Can't wait.



Anyways, I'm off to mark a couple more essays and watch the football league show to catch the Lincoln goals. Man, I think I'm fast turning into a proper fan!

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?