Thursday 4 March 2010

Soreness in the legs!

Apologies for the lack of posts this week. My only excuse is that it is assessment week (and therefore crazier than crazy at uni). Although it might also be because D is finally living in Lincoln! It has been great to have him here again even though it still feels a little strange to wake up in the morning and find him there!

We are both very sore this evening after playing squash last night. We've both played a bit in the past but haven't picked up a racket in earnest for a good few years. Unfortunately D won every game but it was quite close...I'll get him one day! We were both pooped afterwards and have felt progressively stiffer all day. The walk up the hill was positively painful tonight!

Lincoln has seen a couple of really beautiful days this week with blue skies and sunshine. We see the Red Arrows flying past almost every day which is a bit exciting. It feels like spring is on the way and that all the snow has finally left us. To chime in with the good weather I've been listening to a couple of new Peter Gabriel albums bought by the boy. I love Peter Gabriel. His music is wonderful and melodic. I particularly like his world music influences and have dipped into Big Blue Ball this week as well as Ovo. Just loving it. If you want a song to leave you with a jolly spring in your step it has to be 'Solsbury Hill'. You can't help but smile when you hear it. This week, though, the song on constant repeat has been 'Sky Blue' with amazing vocals from the Blind Boys of Alabama. Man, what a song.



Oh, and also had a most enjoyable conversation about wrestling with our brilliant tech man tonight (we had both been watching assessments since 8 this morning so I am surprised that either of us managed to string together a coherent sentence!). He was wearing a DX sweatband and was suitably impressed that I even knew what it meant. I'm a bit of a Shawn Michaels fan! His response? "I didn't have you down as a wrestling fan". Never let it be said that I don't have my finger on the cultural pulse. HBK, HBK!!!

So after throwing a quick Rocky Road in the fridge for D's office mates to snack on tomorrow, I'm off to watch a quick episode of The Wire series One and then have a good long snooze.

CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?