Friday 26 March 2010

A post from work...

...don't panic, I'm not slacking off for the afternoon. Just finished a three hour rehearsal and now on to the drama department conference held in Lincoln for the first time this year. I've poked my head round the door and noticed that they have plum bread and cheese for nibbles. Very promising. We are in the salubrious Lincoln Cathedral Chapter House this evening for dinner (oo-eer) and the chat in the lead up has all been about outfits. Just what to wear to such an event?

Anyways, great news of the day is that we finally have a car - hoorah! I was a little sceptical about our need for car when we moved to Lincoln as work is in walking distance and there are some sweet little food shops near by. I can safely say that I have completely changed my mind and am really looking forward to going beyond Sincil Bank and into the Lincolnshire countryside for wee day trips. We can even get to church! Don't ask me anything about it but it is a Skoda Superb Greenline or something. It is big and good for the enviroment (apparently) so it ticks all the boxes and forces me to re-evaluate my view of Skodas (when I was a kid a common joke was - how do you double the value of a Skoda? Hide a pound down the seat). So I'll let you know how we get on with it. Due to conferences and students assessments I'm not going to be able to use it much tomorrow, though I'm sure D will go for a spin.

Tea and plum bread beckons. I'll post again over the weekend.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?