Wednesday 10 March 2010

More soreness in the legs!

Just to fill you in on the Warden squash challenge which entered its second week tonight...D now has his own racket courtesy of good ol' Sports World and duly beat me five games to nil. A bit disappointing but fun all round, and it really gives you a good workout. Tune in next week for more thrills and spills on the court. I will beat him one day.

So the marking is in and I have a huge pile of essays to wade through over the next few days. Hopefully they are all magnificent. To give myself a bit of a break from assessment I picked up one of D's Ian Rankin books the other night. D has now read all the Rebus books, in chronological order so I thought it only right and fitting that I give them a go. They are crime novels centred on Edinburgh so they mention a whole range of places I know well, including St Leonard's Police Station (don't get the wrong idea...I once assisted in the rescue of a drunken man who was attempting to throw himself under a car) and The Meadows amongst others. It is kinda nice to read books about a place you are familiar with, even if they are about murders etc.

To conclude the wardrobe story, we now have a fully functioning item of furniture. As it happens it just needed a good wallop (obviously we didn't have the knack) and two very sweet gentlemen came and put it together for me. They even took the rubbish away. Hats off to the good people of Pine Solutions.

And so another Wednesday passes and I am gazing at my super-duper photo collage (see below), given to me by my good friends in Rudsambee. Man, I miss you guys on a Wednesday night. Tormis the Penguin is standing pride of place on my desk as I write this. He looks cosy in his red scarf. 'May the Road Rise to Meet You' guys and gals.



Anyways, I'm off to my bed. Sleep peacefully friends.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?