Monday 23 August 2010

Another week begins and a Sunday Review

Hey folks,
Just a quick one post as I take my mid morning tea break. Have just spent the morning working on this Comparative Drama paper. It is now done and sent (huzzah!) so there's something else to cross off my 'to do before we go on holiday' list. Am also just about to send off our applications for new passports in preparation for our November trip to Seattle. I am finally changing my name from 'Altree' to 'Warden' and adding the 'Dr' bit. So if a request for a doctor comes over the aeroplane tannoy then I can answer the call! :-)

We had a lovely chilled out weekend, mostly just reading and playing as the weather outside was a bit dodgy. Yesterday I managed to sit out on the balcony though and listened to Manchester United drop their first points of the season on my radio - boo! Sunday was great as usual. It was good to see our Pastor's wife back as she was taken ill on Thursday night. Pastor gave a couple of great preaches. The first continued the theme from last week about riches. Often people think that Christians are tremendously self-righteous and arrogant. Sadly too often this is true but it should be completely the opposite, as our Pastor shared. He made us all realise how easy it is to become prideful. Definitely a trait to be avoided!

D and I went for a wee drive after the evening service and ended up in beautiful South Carlton, a lovely village just outside the town. We are fortunate to live in a really pretty place. Last night I was very thankful for the big skies of Lincolnshire. At times the landscape resembles that scene in North by Northwest! And it is all so close by - just a short drive! Our health kick continues to go well and we are both enjoying the challenge actually. A game of squash in store tonight though D broke the strings on his racket last Friday (he's just too strong!) so he'll be using a hire racket. Hopefully this gives me a bit of a chance! Our squash games have become a regular part of our week. We're both improving...though D seems to improve quicker than I do!
Anyways, I'm off to uni for the next couple of days to get a couple of jobs done before we go away. Then we'll be all set for our jolly holiday. We can't wait to have a few days of peace and catching up with friends and fam. I'm taking the old Mac Book with me so I'll post some details about our trip when I have a chance.

Until then...
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?