Thursday 12 August 2010

Nearing the end of the week and 50,000 words

So, as of the end of the day (just about to go and make tea) I am just 600 words short of 50,000 words for the Book. Not bad given that I have a year to go. Now I'm not saying they are 50,000 good words but they are better than nothing and will give me something to work with over the course of the next year.

Still enjoying my new Wii fit. It is really amazing and I'm already seeing and feeling the benefits. I'll try Combat again on Saturday morning and see if I can notice any improvement. And now I have a groovy new tracksuit to work out in. This morning a pile of new clothes arrived for me. I hate clothes shopping in the high street. It's stressful, too busy and there are too many people about. D buys almost everything online which is so much more jolly. Some cool new tops, a great Gant jacket and a pair of Nike trackies came as well. Ah online sales...what joy! He has an unbelievable knack of buying the right size. Whenever I go into a shop and try on a pair of breeks they never fit; whenever D order me a pair they always fit perfectly. It is a miracle. I am attempting to renew my wardrobe given that I am approaching thirty and should now look like a proper lady rather than a student. Gradual changes a foot.

Off to prayer meeting tonight and then a quiet, working weekend in store until my parents arrive for a couple of days Sunday lunchtime. Looking forward to some fun times with them. We might even sneak in a breakfast at Zoot. We'll see.

I'll try and post another list tomorrow if I have a chance. Was thinking perhaps of posting my favourite book list but I always get into a pickle with that one. Too many books, too little space and how can one compare Wuthering Heights to A Suitable Boy to Ackroyd's biography of Dickens? Have just started a new book after finishing A Voyage for Madmen. It is Tristam Hunt's biography of Friedrich Engels and so far so readable. It has been sitting on my shelf for a while. Engels has always fascinated me. His Conditions of the Working Class in England is the most entertaining and challenging Communist book (I think, though you are welcome to throw things..yes, yes I know it is a bit naive in its philosophy...whatever) and he lived and worked in Manchester. Interesting guy and Hunt's biography is supposed to be great. I'll write a review when I've finished it but don't hold your breath - it is a quite large!

Anyways, time for tea. Hope all is well with all.
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?