Wednesday 4 August 2010

Middle of the week

Welcome all,
You haven't missed anything - I am still chained (in a perfectly lovely way) to my computer. It was the language chapter today. I'm still finalising the actual argument for this one so it is quite slow process...but enjoyable as ever. Tomorrow afternoon I might relocate for a couple of hours just to get a change of scenery. Stayed in today because we had some serious weather in Lincoln - proper rain! Generally it only rains at night in Lincoln (this might be a subjective supposition but it certainly feels like that) so it was a bit of a surprise to wake this morning to the sound of heavy raindrops on our windows. D pragmatically noted that it was good for the fields - he really is becoming a proper Lincolnshire farmer sort!

Today my lunch break was taken up with some physical fun. What should arrive Chez Warden yesterday but a Wii Fit Plus - a present from the Boy. What fun! And what hard work! Tried a couple of the tougher yoga moves today and didn't realise quite how out of shape I was. Glad I could sweat it out alone in my living room. And then tonight it was a quick squash game. D was victorious as usual but I won a couple of games. I have just had a bath in the vain attempt to stop my muscles from aching. I am not really unfit but certainly less fit then when I lived in Edinburgh and had the gym on my doorstep. Attempting to do something about that as I near the thirty mark. I was mistaken for a student again the other day though so I can't be looking too old and hagged. As I replied to the poor girl's apologetic email, I find as I enter my fourth decade (oo-er) that I now take that as a great compliment. Here's to another ten years of people thinking I'm an undergrad! In honour I might lie in bed all day tomorrow, eat Super Noodles for lunch and read The Feminine Mystique...I joke, I joke...

Over tea we continued with our nightly episodes of Life on Mars. We sadly don't have many more in the series. I will be very sad when I have to say a final goodbye to Gene Hunt! The series has just got better and better.

Well, I'm off to check the wrestling results from Monday night (a bit late this week) and get a drink. D is lying on the lounge floor playing Football Manager and we are listening to Davey's Disco. After a good wodge of Van Halen we are now (just for me) on to John Wetton's greatest acoustic numbers. Sweet!

Enjoy the week
CSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say hello?